Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Firecrackers


Firecrackers

I know it’s a long argument but as one who is disturbed by the harmful effects of fireworks on the natural environment I think that part of the new reality should consider the harm that traditional fireworks displays can do. I say fireworks but even running an internet search for “firecrackers + air pollution” without the quotes brings in a good deal of scientific information in this regard.


By scientific I mean organizations like Science, Forbes, Sciencedirect.com, three of the first hits to come up in my search this morning.

No doubt pyromancy has something to do with the enchantment that fireworks explosions continue to provide (some) people with. But it seems to me that professional displays and smaller household get togethers could at least be more limited than they are currently. My immediate context for this is the Barcelona area, but there’s also the international arena television and newer related media bring out.

In any case I feel encouraged by the previously mentioned scientific material. Long arguments have to start somewhere, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment